SSI patch version 14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject SSI patch version 14
Date
Re: SSI patch version 14  (Heikki Linnakangas <heikki.linnakangas@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: SSI patch version 14  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Re: SSI patch version 14  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Attached.

Dan and I have spent many, many hours desk-check and testing,
including pounding for many hours in DBT-2 at high concurrency
factors on a 16 processor box. In doing so, we found and fixed a few
issues. Neither of us is aware of any bugs or deficiencies
remaining, even after a solid day of pounding in DBT-2, other than
the failure to extend any new functionality to hot standby.

At Heikki's suggestion I have included a test to throw an error on an
attempt to switch to serializable mode during recovery. Anything
more to address that issue can be a small follow-up patch -- probably
mainly a few notes in the docs.

-Kevin

Attachment