Re: One Role, Two Passwords - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: One Role, Two Passwords
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> How does this work with newly created objects? Is there a way to have
> them default objects to a different owner, the parent of the two
> roles?

No, but you could easily assign default permissions.

> In the case of password rotation, the goal would be to
> drop the old password after all clients have had reasonable chance to
> get an update.  One could work around by generating new
> username+password pairs constantly, but there are conveniences to
> having a stable public-identifier for a role in addition to a private
> secret used to authenticate it

I guess I don't really understand what the real-world use case for this is.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com