Re: SSI and Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI and Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane  wrote:
> I'm pretty concerned about the performance implications, too. In
> particular that sounds like you could get an unbounded amount of
> WAL emitted from a *purely read only* transaction flow.
No.  Read only transactions wouldn't create any flow at all.  And I
suggested that we might want some kind of throttle on how often we
generate snapshots even from the read write transactions.  I'm not
at all clear on how you got to the concerns you have.  Is there
something in particular I could clear up for you that isn't already
mentioned in the previous emails?
-Kevin