Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Mark Kirkwood
Subject Re: pg_filedump moved to pgfoundry
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 19/01/11 05:51, Robert Haas wrote:

> I'm not sure why they'd care, but it certainly doesn't seem worth
> spending the amount of time arguing about it that we are.  David and
> Mark are, of course, free to spend their time petitioning Red Hat for
> relicensing if they are so inclined, but they aren't entitled to tell
> you how to spend yours.  And even if they were, I would hope that
> they'd want you to spend it committing patches rather than arguing
> with your employer about relicensing of a utility that's freely
> available anyway and of use to 0.1% of our user base.

Funny how people can read an email and derive a completely different
meaning from what you intended - just to be clear: it certainly wasn't
my intention to tell anyone how to spend their time.

Anyway, good to have pg_filedump on pgfoundry, thanks Tom and RH.

regards

Mark