Re: SSI and 2PC - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: SSI and 2PC
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> Could people fix it after the patch?  ISTM that a great way to
> test it is to make very sure it's available ASAP to a wide range
> of people via the next alpha (or beta, if that's where we're going
> next).
People can always pull from the git repo:
git://git.postgresql.org/git/users/kgrittn/postgres.git
Also, I can post a patch against HEAD at any time.  Should I post
one now, and then again after this is solved?
Full disclosure requires that I mention that while Dan has completed
code to fix the page split/combine issues Heikki raised, I don't
think he's done testing it.  (It's hard to test because you don't
hit the problem unless you have a page split or combine right at the
point where the hash table for predicate lock becomes full.)  So,
anyway, there could possibly be some wet paint there.
-Kevin