Re: Defining a Connection String in Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: Defining a Connection String in Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
On 13/12/2010 19:30, ray wrote:
> Thank you for responding.  OK, that was my first trip into DSN setup
> and I got lost:
> The first step is to choose and existing MS driver for an Office app
> or 'Add' one from this 'User DSN' tab.  The other tabs are:
> System dSN, File DSN, Drivers, Tracing, and Connection Pooling.
> I did not see a pgsql listed in any - what is the next step (or two)?

Hi Ray,

If you don't see the PostgreSQL driver listed under "Drivers", then it
hasn't been installed properly. How did you install it? You usually need
to run the downloadable installer:

    http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/msi

Once the driver is installed, you create a DSN of the type of your
choice (system, user or file) by going to the appropriate tab and click
"Add".

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland