Re: Defining a Connection String in Windows XP - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Susan Cassidy
Subject Re: Defining a Connection String in Windows XP
Date
List pgsql-general
>Ray,
>
>Thank you for responding.  OK, that was my first trip into DSN setup
>and I got lost:
>The first step is to choose and existing MS driver for an Office app
>or 'Add' one from this 'User DSN' tab.  The other tabs are:
>System dSN, File DSN, Drivers, Tracing, and Connection Pooling.
>I did not see a pgsql listed in any - what is the next step (or two)?
>
>ray

I usually use a System DSN.  If, when you click Add, you don't see 'PostgreSQL ANSI' as one of the choices, you don't
havethe ODBC driver installed.  If you do, just fill in the boxes with the database name, password, etc.

Susan C.