pgpool slony slaves only - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Frank Jansen
Subject pgpool slony slaves only
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

as the Subject says i want pgpool to talk only to my slony slaves.
In my company we have a Slony Setup with 1 master replicating to 2
slaves. Our application only does read queries (never ever writes) to
the 2 slaves through pgpool. While upgrading to pgpool 3.0.1 (from
2.2.5) i detected that the former admin has set up pgpool with
replication_mode on. I now thought about going to master_salve_mode ,
but i am bit lost between the various possibilities of modes, especially
cause i dont need any write queries deleivered to my slony master. cause
the application we run will just read and never write. We want just
connection pooling and load balacing through pgpool to our 2 slaves.

Couldnt find anyone on google using pgpool to access read only his slony
slaves, maybe someone has suggestions for me.

Regards,

Frank Jansen