Re: Query-plan for partitioned UPDATE/DELETE slow and swaps vmem compared to SELECT - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Mladen Gogala
Subject Re: Query-plan for partitioned UPDATE/DELETE slow and swaps vmem compared to SELECT
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tom Lane wrote:
> Hmm.  Rules?  Triggers?  You seem to be assuming the problem is at the
> planner stage but I'm not sure you've proven that.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Hmmm, I vaguely recollect a similar thread, started by me, although with
fewer partitions. In my experience, planner doesn't do a very good job
with partitions, especially with things like "min" or "max" which should
not be resolved by a full table scan, if there are indexes on partitions.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA