Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
Date
Re: DELETE with LIMIT (or my first hack)
List pgsql-hackers

On 11/30/2010 02:12 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
> Daniel Loureiro<daniel@termasa.com.br>  wrote:
>
>> to me the key its security - its a anti-DBA-with-lack-of-attention
>> feature.
>
> Well, it seems pretty weak to me for that purpose.  You still trash
> data, and you don't have any immediate clue as to what.

I agree, that argument is completely misconceived. If the DBA is paying
enough attention to use LIMIT, s/he should be paying enough attention
not to do damage in the first place. If that were the only argument in
its favor I'd be completely against the feature.

cheers

andrew