Fast FrontBase to PostgreSQL converter? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Brendan Duddridge
Subject Fast FrontBase to PostgreSQL converter?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello,

Does anyone know a fast way to convert a FrontBase 4.1.16 database to a PostgreSQL 8.1 database? I have a java program that does it, but I was hoping there would be something faster. Last time I converted a database with it, it took quite a few hours. I have a production system that I need to convert and I want as little down-time as possible. The database has probably 50 million rows in it. The databases are on Mac OS X Server. FrontBase is on Panther, PostgreSQL is on Tiger.

Thanks,

Brendan Duddridge | CTO | 403-277-5591 x24 |  brendan@clickspace.com

ClickSpace Interactive Inc.
Suite L100, 239 - 10th Ave. SE