Re: unlogged tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: unlogged tables
Date
Re: unlogged tables
Re: unlogged tables
Re: unlogged tables
List pgsql-hackers
> Yeah, you'd have to allow a flag to control the behavior.  And in that
> case I'd rather the flag have a single default rather than different
> defaults depending on whether or not individual tables were selected.
> Something like --omit-unlogged-data.

Are you sure we don't want to default the other way?  It seems to me
that most people using unlogged tables won't want to back them up ...
especially since the share lock for pgdump will add overhead for the
kinds of high-volume updates people want to do with unlogged tables.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com