Re: EOL announcement - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: EOL announcement
Date
Re: EOL announcement  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: EOL announcement  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
List pgsql-www
On 08/02/2010 11:30 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ<devrim@gunduz.org>  writes:
>> On Mon, 2010-08-02 at 11:20 -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> May I suggest that we send out one last reminder to people stating
>>> that they are now EOL.
>
>> I thought we would announce a "final" release before EOL'ing them. Am I
>> wrong?
>
> No, you're not.  We haven't spent the last three months back-patching
> them in order to just suddenly drop that work.

Yes, the final EOL is in the next patch release announcement.  Given
that several people involved in packaging are now on vacation, though, I
don't know when that will be ... 3 weeks?

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com