Re: Testing Sandforce SSD - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Testing Sandforce SSD
Date
Re: Testing Sandforce SSD  (Scott Carey <scott@richrelevance.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Yeb Havinga wrote:
> I did some ext3,ext4,xfs,jfs and also ext2 tests on the just-in-memory
> read/write test. (scale 300) No real winners or losers, though ext2
> isn't really faster and the manual need for fix (y) during boot makes
> it impractical in its standard configuration.

That's what happens every time I try it too.  The theoretical benefits
of ext2 for hosting PostgreSQL just don't translate into significant
performance increases on database oriented tests, certainly not ones
that would justify the downside of having fsck issues come back again.
Glad to see that holds true on this hardware too.