Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hartmut Goebel
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Am 10.06.2010 17:01, schrieb Tom Lane:

> Um, I rather doubt that experience level has much of anything to do with
> one's probability of getting blindsided by new SQL syntax.

Please stop expecting the one doing the upgrade has a lot of knowledge
at all. He is just the one pointed out to perform the update. He is a
junior admin. He doe not want (nor has time and budget) taking a course,
just to upgrade da database.

<sarcasm>
Hej, let's educate the juniors! They should fall into all the pitfalls,
we've fallen in. We aren't they reading all of our fine postgresql
manual, subscribe to five mailing lists, become a senior and then
upgrade? *Gnaa*
</sarcasm>

Com'on guy! Is it really that hard to understand that others are no
gurus and have to upgrade anyway?! Why are you fighting to make their
life harder?

--=20
Sch=C3=B6nen Gru=C3=9F - Regards
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ.), CISSP, CSSLP

Goebel Consult
Spezialist f=C3=BCr IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Monatliche Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/
Goebel Consult mit Mitglied bei http://www.7-it.de