Re: BUG #5475: Problem during Instalation - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Sachin Srivastava
Subject Re: BUG #5475: Problem during Instalation
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On 5/26/10 7:18 PM, Joel Henrique wrote:

> Bug reference:      5475
> Logged by:          Joel Henrique
> Email address:      joel@cefet-al.br
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4-1
> Operating system:   Windows 2003 Server
> Details:
>
> When I try to install postgres it asks for a password.
> It says that if the service already exists I should put the current
> password, otherwise a service will be created with new password.
>
> I've neves installed postgres before. What kind of password is that? I can't
> install postgres here.

Since you dont have a 'postgres' user, Just give any password and the a
new user 'postgres' will be created with the supplied password which
then will be used as the service account owner of PostgreSQL service.

In case you have a postgres user pre-existing on your system, supply its
password when asked by the installer.

You can anytime change the password by going to administartive tasks-->
Users and groups ..

--
Regards,
Sachin Srivastava