Re: Performance tuning for postgres - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Performance tuning for postgres
Date
List pgsql-performance
Yogesh Naik <Yogesh_Naik@persistent.co.in> wrote:

> I am performing a DB insertion and update for 3000+ records and
> while doing so i get CPU utilization to 100% with 67% of CPU used
> by postgres....
>
> I have also done optimization on queries too...
>
> Is there any way to optimized the CPU utilization for postgres....

We'd need a lot more information before we could make useful
suggestions.  Knowing something about your hardware, OS, exact
PostgreSQL version, postgresql.conf contents, the table definition,
any foreign keys or other constraints, and exactly how you're doing
the inserts would all be useful.  Please read this and repost:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/SlowQueryQuestions

-Kevin