Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Hartmut Goebel
Subject Re: BUG #5488: pg_dump does not quote column names -> pg_restore may fail when upgrading
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Am 03.06.2010 16:15, schrieb Tom Lane:

>> Solution: pg_dump should quote *all* column-names, no matter if they are
>> keywords or not.
>=20
> That was considered and rejected long ago.  Readability of the dump
> script is something that we put a nonzero value on.

Sorry, I do not understand this.

I assume you mean readability for humans?!

So if readability is not important, what speaks against always quoting
the column names?

--=20
Sch=C3=B6nen Gru=C3=9F - Regards
Hartmut Goebel
Dipl.-Informatiker (univ.), CISSP, CSSLP

Goebel Consult
Spezialist f=C3=BCr IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de

Monatliche Kolumne: http://www.cissp-gefluester.de/
Goebel Consult mit Mitglied bei http://www.7-it.de