PG list sub-syndication on the web - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Smith
Subject PG list sub-syndication on the web
Date
Re: PG list sub-syndication on the web  ("Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com>)
List pgsql-www
After sending out a cranky reminder about list policy to pgsql-jobs, I
got an private request for a policy clarification I've realized I don't
have a clear answer to.  The company is a tech job aggregator publishing
a web site that lists jobs.  They would like to syndicate material
posted to pgsql-jobs that is also appropriate for what they list,
essentially filter out the subset that matches their critera, and then
publish them on their site along with related tech jobs (sys admins,
developers, etc.)

This would expand the number of people PostgreSQL jobs were put in front
of, which seems like a good thing.  But it's not just a straight
republication like a RSS feed copy, so it could be considered misleading
if people think they're seeing the whole pgsql-jobs list there.  That
also makes them a little different from places like markmail and nabble,
who are just mirroring the lists wholesale.  Not everyone who posts to
pgsql-jobs may want to see their note syndicated like that.  I was
thinking that at a minimum, we'd request that they include a link to the
original message in our archives that people can follow.

Thought?  I'm keeping the service name private for now because I respect
that they are asking about the policies here, rather than just doing
something we might get mad about later without asking.  That's a better
way to start than most of the odd list ideas I see people run with.