Re: List traffic - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: List traffic
Date
Re: List traffic
List pgsql-hackers
>> There is no reason why advocacy can't happen on general. Theoretically
>> www could be on hackers (although I do see the point of a separate
>> list).

First off, this is absolutely the wrong list to be discussing management
of PostgreSQL lists.  That belongs on pgsql-www.  And, I'll point out,
that this completely pointless discussion on the wrong list has been 1/6
of the traffic on -hackers for the last two days.  Also, I really don't
see what problem people think they're addressing with these bimonthly
calls for list consolidation.  It seems like a solution in search of a
problem.

So it's an exercise in ironic wankitude.   Can we please stop it now?

Second, regarding advocacy: no, absolutely not.  -advocacy is a working
list and not a virtual water cooler.

--                                   -- Josh Berkus                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                           http://www.pgexperts.com