Re: Vacuum Full (PG 8.1) - Urgent help needed - Cancel & transaction "liberation" - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Vacuum Full (PG 8.1) - Urgent help needed - Cancel & transaction "liberation"
Date
List pgsql-admin
Alexandre Leclerc <aleclerc@ipso.ca> wrote:

> I also want to mention that maybe I'm not doing it properly.
>
> I started "postgres.exe" and it is inside that "session",
> "backend>" prompt, that I did run the VACUUM command. Is it that
> way

Yes, that's the single-user mode.  Just don't run more than one with
the same -D value at the same time; more than one single-user
backend would not be good.

> (And by the way, what is the command to quit the backend? I'm
> doing Ctrl+C but the DB does not like that...)

In Linux it would be Ctrl+D but in Windows I think it's Ctrl+Z

-Kevin