Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4/7/10 10:11 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> Likewise I don't think we should have pgsql-performance or pgsql-sql
> or pgsql-novice -- any thread appropriate for any of these would be
> better served by sending it to pgsql-general anyways (with the
> exception of pgsql-performance which has a weird combination of hacker
> threads and user performance tuning threads). Sending threads to
> pgsql-general would get more eyes on them and would avoid a lot of the
> cross-posting headaches. What would someone subscribed to one of these
> lists but not pgsql-general get anyways but some random sample of
> threads that might be vaguely performance or admin related. They would
> still miss most of the administration and performance questions and
> discussions which happen on -general and -hackers as appropriate.

(1) Regarding -sql and -performance, I couldn't disagree more.  I agree
that the charter of -admin is extremely vague.

(2) This is *definitely* the wrong list for this discussion; it should
be on -www.

And, no, #2 was not meant to be ironic, even if it is.

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com