Re: Compile fail, alpha5 & gcc 4.3.3 in elog.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: Compile fail, alpha5 & gcc 4.3.3 in elog.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> I'm obviously very sorry for the hassle and frustration caused by this
> mistake, especially to Dave Page, but hopefully you understand that I
> was trying rather hard to get this right; and perhaps the Wiki page
> can also be improved to mention some of these details.

Bound to happen the first time someone other than Peter did the
bundling.  Which was one of the points of the Alphas ... to get more
people familiar with the process.

Anyway, do you think you could put up replacement tarballs today?  I'll
remove Makefile.custom and see if that fixes what I have ...

--                                  -- Josh Berkus                                    PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
                        http://www.pgexperts.com