Re: Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anjan Dave
Subject Re: Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios
Date
List pgsql-admin

Tony Wasson not too long ago was kind enough to forward some of his scripts for nagios monitoring of pg. They are attached.

-anjan

From: Chris Hoover [mailto:revoohc@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 4:19 PM
To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: [ADMIN] Semi OT - Anyone monitoring PostgreSQL with nagios

Is anyone using Nagios to monitor PostgreSQL?

If so, is there any way to check for more than just your PostgreSQL instance being up?

This weekend, we had an issue where a database shutdown failed due to a rogue query that would not die w/o a kill -9 being done on it.  The database remained up and accepted connections only to tell the connection to go away because the database was shutting down.

This up and accepting connections caused our Nagios instance to not report the database being down.

Any ideas on how to get around this?

Thanks,

Chris

On 9/29/05, Juraj Holtak <juraj@proaut.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> impressive
>
> But you forgot to include those scipts as attachment or they got lost
> somehow ;-)
>
> could you post them (again)?
>
> thanx,
> Juraj

Attached you'll find the scripts I use in nagios to monitor
postgresql. I cleaned these up a bit but they are still rough. Please
let me know if you find these useful. I will see about getting these
are part of the nagios plugins package.

Tony Wasson

Attachment