Re: Remove ROW | ROWS from OFFSET and FETCH - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Marko Tiikkaja
Subject Re: Remove ROW | ROWS from OFFSET and FETCH
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/26/10 2:01 AM +0200, Thom Brown wrote:
> I was wondering if it might be worth making ROW/ROWS optional for
> OFFSET and FETCH clauses?  And can ONLY be optional too?

AIUI the only time you'd want to use that syntax is when you want to
write (theoretically) portable code, and making parts of the syntax
optional is just breaking that portability.  We already have a
non-portable, non-standard syntax.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja