Re: Testing FusionIO - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Testing FusionIO
Date
Re: Testing FusionIO  (Kenny Gorman <kgorman@kennygorman.com>)
List pgsql-performance
Ben Chobot wrote:
> We've enjoyed our FusionIO drives very much. They can do 100k iops without breaking a sweat. Just make sure you shut
themdown cleanly - it can up to 30 minutes per card to recover from a crash/plug pull test.

Yeah...I got into an argument with Kenny Gorman over my concerns with
how they were handling durability issues on his blog, the reading I did
about them never left me satisfied Fusion was being completely straight
with everyone about this area:  http://www.kennygorman.com/wordpress/?p=398

If it takes 30 minutes to recover, but it does recover, I guess that's
better than I feared was the case with them.  Thanks for reporting the
plug pull tests--I don't trust any report from anyone about new storage
hardware that doesn't include that little detail as part of the
testing.  You're just asking to have your data get lost without that
basic due diligence, and I'm sure not going to even buy eval hardware
from a vendor that appears evasive about it.  There's a reason I don't
personally own any SSD hardware yet.