Re: Testing FusionIO - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Ben Chobot
Subject Re: Testing FusionIO
Date
Re: Testing FusionIO
List pgsql-performance
We've enjoyed our FusionIO drives very much. They can do 100k iops without breaking a sweat. Just make sure you shut
themdown cleanly - it can up to 30 minutes per card to recover from a crash/plug pull test.

I also have serious questions about their longevity and failure mode when the flash finally burns out. Our hardware
guysclaim they have overbuilt the amount of flash on the card to be able to do their heavy writes for >5 years, but I
remainskeptical.