Re: Multiple data base on same server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Multiple data base on same server
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 26/02/10 12:45, elias ghanem wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your answer,
> Concerning the second point, each db have different table that are logically
> related (for ex, tables for configuration, tables for business...) plus I'm
> planning to put the indexes on their own tablespaces.
> Concerning the disks I will maybe stored on multiple disks (but surely not
> 200-300). So I'm just wondering If this big number of tablespaces on a same
> db server may cause problems,

If the tablespaces aren't on different disks, I'm not sure what the
point is.

Do you perhaps mean schemas? So you have e.g. a "system" schema with
tables "users", "activity_log" etc? There's no problem with 20-30
schemas per database.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd