Re: Multiple data base on same server - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Richard Huxton
Subject Re: Multiple data base on same server
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 26/02/10 09:37, elias ghanem wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using postgresql 8.4
>
> I need to install multiple postgresql dbs on one server but I have some
> questions:
>
> -Is there any problems (performance wise or other) if I have 10 to 15 DBs on
> the same server?

Clearly that's going to depend on what they're all doing and how big a
server you have. There's no limitation in PostgreSQL that stops you though.

> -Each DB needs 10 tablespaces, so if I create 10 different tablespaces for
> each DB I will have 100 to 150 table space on the same server. So can this
> also cause any problems?

Do you have 200-300+ disks to put these tablespaces on? If not, I'm not
clear what you are trying to do. Why does each DB need 10 tablespaces?

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd