Re: Show line numbers in SQL Editor? - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: Show line numbers in SQL Editor?
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 14/02/2010 15:29, Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume@lelarge.info> wrote:
>> Le 14/02/2010 11:05, Dave Page a écrit :
>>> What happens with more than 10K lines in a file (yes, we have seen
>>> complaints about that!).
>>
>> I tried with a 605k lines file, and it worked great on my laptop.
>>
>> What was the complaint about? size of the margin? slow rendering?
>
> The line numbers overflow the margin, because it doesn't auto-size to
> accomodate the width.

The size of the margin is calculated at each new line. So it auto-sizes.

>>> What about the line markers?
>>
>> What do you mean?
>
> We sometimes display error marker in the margin. A similar issue to
> the above is that they may be rendered on top of the numbers which
> looks really messy.

Oh OK, I didn't remember this marker. I just tried and it worked. They
don't render on each other. The error marker appears after the line number.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com