Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From KaiGai Kohei
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
(2010/02/05 13:53), Takahiro Itagaki wrote:

> KaiGai Kohei<kaigai@kaigai.gr.jp>  wrote:
>
>>>     default:    both contents and metadata
>>>     --data-only:    same
>>>     --schema-only:    neither
>>
>> However, it means only large object performs an exceptional object class
>> that dumps its owner, acl and comment even if --data-only is given.
>> Is it really what you suggested, isn't it?
>
> I wonder we still need to have both "BLOB ITEM" and "BLOB DATA"
> even if we will take the all-or-nothing behavior. Can we handle
> BLOB's owner, acl, comment and data with one entry kind?

Is it possible to fetch a certain blob from tar/custom archive
when pg_restore found a toc entry of the blob?

Currently, when pg_restore found a "BLOB DATA" or "BLOBS" entry,
it opens the archive and restores all the blob objects sequentially.
It seems to me we also have to rework the custom format........

Thanks,
--
OSS Platform Development Division, NEC
KaiGai Kohei <kaigai@ak.jp.nec.com>