Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2010-1-25 - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: PostgreSQL moderation report: 2010-1-25
Date
List pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 11:04 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
>>> Apparently not. My energy levels for trying to improve this issue are
>>> roughly zero at the moment - I've lost count of the number of times
>>> I've tried to chivvy up moderators over the years :-(
>>>
>> Can we make the list of moderators public somewhere?   I think personal
>> harassment (by submitters) is the only way this is going to work.
>>

> Are you looking to have moderators quit?

Well, apparently they already did.

Is there a clear "How to be a moderator" guide?  As someone who expects
future news/events announcements I'll be associated with to publish, I
now have some personal interest in making sure this backlog goes away.
If I have to clear up everybody else's mess in the process I'll do
that.  I know Gabriele here already asked about this topic.  Since I
think the main requirements here are being able to read English really
fast and willingness to kick out people who don't follow the rules, I
think I'm a little ahead of him on both--he's probably too nice to be
effective on that second part.

greg@2ndQuadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com