Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kevin Grittner
Subject Re: Largeobject Access Controls (r2460)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
"Kevin Grittner" <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>
>> Did you happen to notice anything about pg_dump's memory
>> consumption?
>
> Not directly, but I was running 'vmstat 1' throughout.  Cache
> space dropped about 2.1 GB while it was running and popped back up
> to the previous level at the end.
I took a closer look, and there's some bad news, I think.  The above
numbers were from the ends of the range.  I've gone back over and
found that while it dropped about 2.1 GB almost immediately, cache
usage slowly dropped throughout the dump, and bottomed at about 6.9
GB below baseline.
-Kevin