Re: location for pg_default tablespace - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: location for pg_default tablespace
Date
List pgsql-general
AI Rumman wrote:
> I am new at Postgresql. Previously I used to work with Oracle.
> I am surprised to see that the location for pg_default tablespace in
> my database  for a Postgresql cluster is null.
> Could anyone please tell me what is the location of default tablespace
> in postgresql and how could I find it?

Its the $PGDATA directory.  The location of this varies widely by
operating system and postgres distribution.  For instance, the postgres
supplied with fedora and redhat linuxes tend to put this in
/var/lib/pgsql/data ...   If you build postgres from source on a
unix-like system, using full defaults, its probably /usr/local/pgsql/data