Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
List pgsql-www
Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
>> I'd also note, that the addition of an 'edit' option to the existing
>> pages would seem sensible, as opposed to the 'throw the bath out with
>> the water' approach of just moving it all to the wiki, where marketing
>> teams will have a field day making their products stand out.
>
> Unfortunately, I'd say that trying to improve the GForge code would take
> more effort than coding a new application ourselves.

well gforge/fusionforge is actually improving - the fault is actually
with not taking advantage of those improvements.

> And, btw, Wheeler's PGAN proposal (on hackers) obviously does not
> address drivers, applications, developer tools, etc.  But I'd say that
> for those, an expansion of the existing application listing service we
> have makes more sense than preserving pgFoundry as an extremely
> inefficient directory.

again even if pgan succeeds (which is still a theoretical thing) calling
pgf an extremely inefficient directory is probably not really fair, If
we failed to utilize pgf as a single resource who says that we will
succeed in utilizing a mix of random external resources as well as some
unestablished custom developed solutions?

Stefan