Re: pgFoundry Download URLs - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgFoundry Download URLs
Date
Re: pgFoundry Download URLs  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
List pgsql-www
Dave,

> I'd also note, that the addition of an 'edit' option to the existing
> pages would seem sensible, as opposed to the 'throw the bath out with
> the water' approach of just moving it all to the wiki, where marketing
> teams will have a field day making their products stand out.

Unfortunately, I'd say that trying to improve the GForge code would take
more effort than coding a new application ourselves.

And, btw, Wheeler's PGAN proposal (on hackers) obviously does not
address drivers, applications, developer tools, etc.  But I'd say that
for those, an expansion of the existing application listing service we
have makes more sense than preserving pgFoundry as an extremely
inefficient directory.

--Josh Berkus