Re: PgAdmin Crash - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: PgAdmin Crash
Date
Re: PgAdmin Crash  (Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume@lelarge.info>)
List pgadmin-support
Le 05/01/2010 04:34, Franz Fritsche a écrit :
> Dear Guillaume!
>
> I'm sorry, but I could not figure out how to reply to your post in the mailing list. :-(
>
>>> Obviously the problem is that "Properties..." is not disabled (grayed), which it should be.
>>> [... ] The same seems to be true for "Delete/Drop...", though selecting it does
>>> not produce a crash (it just seems to have no effect).
>>>
>> I have the same behaviour. In fact, you don't need the /q parameter to
>> trigger it. I added a ticket for this
>
> Ah, you are right, just tried it! :-)
>
> C:\Programme\PostgreSQL\8.4\bin\pgAdmin3.exe /s "PostgreSQL 8.4"
>
> Found more problems (i.e. another crash) with this startup mode:
>
> - Tools / Server Status ---> Crash!
>
> Actually there are lots of differences (concerning the activated/disabled commands in the menu)
> between (a) standard startup and manual connection with the database and (b) startup with
> switch /s (->automatic connection):
>
> (1) After standard startup and manual connection with database _and then selecting "Server (1)"
> in the Object Browser_ ALL commands in the menu "Tool" are grayed - not so after startup with
> /s.
>
> (2) After standard startup [etc.] "File / Change Password..." is disabled (grayed) - not so after
> startup with /s. (!)
>
> (3) After standard startup [etc.] "View / Refresh" is disabled (grayed) - not so after startup with /s.

This only happens on Windows, AFAICT. Problem is that the correct item
is not selected. The GUI should show the correct server highlighted. I
tried something yesterday but it didn't work out well. Will try once
again tonight.

> In addition "Edit / Copy" is not grayed in BOTH cases (a) and (b), though it's not clear to me
> what object might be copied when selected... ;-) Hence I guess it should be disabled (in both
> cases) too.

Will look at this.

> Sincerely,
> Franz Fritsche
>

> P.S. Just a comment: I'd propose to disable the toolbar button "Execute the last used plugin." if
> there are no plugins to execute (for the selected "object" in the Object Viewer). This behaviour
> would then be consistent with the behaviour of the other toolbar buttons. (The "Execute..." button
> seems to be a recent addition, right? After all I couldn't find it in the Help documentation for
> pgAdmin III.)

Will look at this too.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com