Re: [Fwd: "pg_regress: initdb failed" with git tree] - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Aioanei Rares
Subject Re: [Fwd: "pg_regress: initdb failed" with git tree]
Date
List pgsql-testers
Greg Smith wrote:
> Aioanei Rares wrote:
>> pg_regress: initdb failed
>> Examine /home/arares/postgresql/src/test/regress/log/initdb.log for
>> the reason.
>
> That's the file that will have an explanation as to what went wrong in
> it.

Yes, I looked into it, but it doesn't really help me; you will find it
attached.
Running in noclean mode.  Mistakes will not be cleaned up.
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "arares".

The database cluster will be initialized with locales
  COLLATE:  en_US.UTF-8
  CTYPE:    en_US.UTF-8
  MESSAGES: C
  MONETARY: en_US.UTF-8
  NUMERIC:  en_US.UTF-8
  TIME:     en_US.UTF-8
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

creating directory /home/arares/postgresql/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 24MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /home/arares/postgresql/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... ok
initializing dependencies ... FATAL:  compressed data is corrupt
child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: data directory "/home/arares/postgresql/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data" not removed at user's request