Re: [Postgresql alpha3] Configure fails with --libxml on OpenBSD - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From postgresql@raveland.org
Subject Re: [Postgresql alpha3] Configure fails with --libxml on OpenBSD
Date
List pgsql-testers
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 11:34:17AM -0500, Greg Smith wrote:
> postgresql@raveland.org wrote:
> >I don't understand why the detection of both -pthread and
> >-lpthread fails with --libxml (may the messages about
> >strcpy/strcat be the cause) ?
> Those warning are just that:  warnings, nothing related to your problem.
>
> My first guess is that you're using a libxml from before thread
> safety was introduced, or have a version that wasn't compiled to
> support it:
>
> http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html
>
> There was a recent change to PostgreSQL that switched the default to
> turning on thread safety for clients when you build.  You can easily
> turn it back off again with passing --disable-thread-safety if you
> just don't have an installed libxml that is thread-safe.

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your answer.
You're right: the libxml (on OpenBSD) is build without the threads support.
I already use --disable-thread-safety but I was curious about the error
with libxml.

Regards,