Re: unable starting / stopping postgresql with pgAdmin III on OS X - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Guillaume Lelarge
Subject Re: unable starting / stopping postgresql with pgAdmin III on OS X
Date
List pgadmin-support
Le 28/12/2009 21:54, Georges Moes a écrit :
> I just refered to the help-file of pgAdmin III.
> Under 'Connect to server' I've found the following description:
>
> If pgAdmin is running on a Windows machine, it can control the
> postmaster service if you have enough access rights. Enter the name of
> the service. In case of a remote server, it must be prepended by the
> machine name (e.g. PSE1\pgsql-8.0). pgAdmin will automatically discover
> services running on your local machine.
>
> If pgAdmin is running on a Unix machine, it can control processes
> running on the local machine if you have enough access rights. Enter a
> full path and needed options to access the pg_ctl program. When
> executing service control functions, pgAdmin will append
> status/start/stop keywords to this. Example:
> sudo /usr/local/pgsql/bin/pg_ctl -D /data/pgsql
>
> It seems as if I misunderstood that?

No, I did. I didn't remember pgAdmin could do that. Sorry about this.

You should follow Dave's advice; there's a probably something to
configure with sudo.

--
Guillaume.http://www.postgresqlfr.orghttp://dalibo.com