Re: SATA drives performance - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Craig James
Subject Re: SATA drives performance
Date
List pgsql-performance
Glyn Astill wrote:
> Last month I found myself taking a powerdrill to our new dell
> boxes in order to route cables to replacement raid cards. Having
> to do that made me feel really unprofessional and a total cowboy,
> but it was either that or shitty performance.

Can you be more specific?  Which Dell server, which RAID card, what were the performance problems, and what did you buy
tofix them?

We're thinking of expanding our servers, and so far have had no complaints about our Dell servers.  My colleagues think
weshould buy more of the same, but if there's some new problem, I'd sure like to know about it.

Thanks!
Craig