Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Boreham
Subject Re: Justifying a PG over MySQL approach to a project
Date
List pgsql-general
Scott Marlowe wrote:
> I would recommend using a traffic shaping router (like the one built
> into the linux kernel and controlled by tc / iptables) to simulate a
> long distance connection and testing this yourself to see which
> replication engine will work best for you.

Netem  :
http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/networking/netem
We used this to make a test rig for Directory Server replication, to
verify a
re-design that added pipelining to the replication protocol.
It's already in the modern Linuxes--just needs to be configured.