Re: Winflex - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Winflex
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Page wrote:

>>> The other possible option that I hesitate to suggest is Windows
>>> Services for Unix or SUA as I think it's now called.
>>>
>> You mean we should post flex to that? Or have you found someone who has already?
>>

> No idea if someone has done it already. I'm just throwing it out there
> as an idea possibly worthy of further investigation.

Don't you need to have SUA installed to run a program built with SUA? Or
are you suggesting we can build a distributable flex executable with SUA
which would run standalone (as I did for 32bit Windows using Cygwin)?
Requiring developers to install SUA would be quite a siginificant extra
burden, ISTM.

cheers

andrew