Re: New mug design - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Chander Ganesan
Subject Re: New mug design
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:

>>> Uh, how come they put milk in tea only outside the USA? ?As a tea
>>> drinker, I am confused. ?;-)
>>>
>> They put cream in tea inside the USA? Weird.
>>

> No, we don't usually put any dairy products in our tea.
>

>> Anyway, don't forget this was (originally) a discussion about new mugs
>> for PostgreSQL Europe, where cafe au lait is definitely more common.
>>

> True, but could I get a special tea mug?  ;-)
>
>         INSERT INTO pg_mug VALUES('hot water', 'tea', 'sugar');

Perhaps there should be a drink table with a one-to-many relationship to
an ingredients table...since then one could choose their own ingredients
and drink type (and you could add the assorted flavored syrups and
instant coffees in as well).

Maybe a little chalk area on one side where one could write their own
query to populate the drink table, and a referential integrity
constraint to prevent unauthorized ingredients... ;-)

A NOTIFY on insert trigger might be good as well, so one could drink as
soon as the beverage-making transaction was completed, or notify when
hot (though that would preclude ice in the ingredients)

PS..I'm mostly kidding here...

chander

--
Chander Ganesan