Re: Syntax for partitioning - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Markus Wanner
Subject Re: Syntax for partitioning
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Robert Haas wrote:
> Settling on a syntax, and an internal representation for that syntax,

I've been under the impression that this was only about syntax. What are
the internal additions?

Generally speaking, I'd agree with Simon or even vote for doing the
internals first and add the syntactic sugar only later on.

> seems like it will make subsequent
> discussions about those projects considerably more straightforward,

..or subsequent implementations more complicated, because you have to
support an awkward syntax.

> and it has some value in and of itself since similar notation is used
> by other databases.

That point is well taken, but it would be more compelling if it were the
same or at least a compatible syntax.

Regards

Markus Wanner