Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Karl Denninger
Subject Re: Is Diskeeper Automatic Mode safe?
Date
List pgsql-performance
Dave Crooke wrote:
> My reply about server failure was shwoing what could go wrong at the
> server level assuming a first-class, properly run data center, with
> fully redundant power, including a server with dual power supplies on
> separate cords fed by separate UPS'es etc. ....
Never had a motherboard short out either eh?  China makes really GOOD
electrolytic caps these days (I can show you several SERVER CLASS boards
that were on conditioned power and popped 'em, rendering the board dead
instantly.)

Murphy is a bastard.

-- Karl

Attachment