Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Heikki Linnakangas
Subject Re: Summary and Plan for Hot Standby
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Simon Riggs wrote:
> You agree there should be two phases?

I'm hesitant to say 'yes', because then you will harass me with "but you
said that you would be OK with fixing X, Y, Z later! Why don't you
commit already!".

Of course there should be several phases! We've *already* punted a lot
of stuff from this first increment we're currently working on. The
criteria for getting this first phase committed is: could we release
with no further changes?

If you actually want to help, can you please focus on fixing the
must-fix bugs we know about? We can then discuss which of the remaining
known issues we're willing to live with.