Re: pg_dump on Linux with pg_restore on Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: pg_dump on Linux with pg_restore on Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 03/11/2009 22:07, David Wall wrote:
> I know this used to be a problem, but I don't have a Windows server to
> test it on again.
>
> Can I do a pg_dump on Linux and then pg_restore it on Windows?  We're
> using PG 8.3 now, but could certainly upgrade if that made the difference.

This should be no problem at all, provided only that the version of
pg_dump used for the restore >= the version used for the dump.... This
is assuming too that you're dumping in the plain-text format; I've never
used the binary dumps so can't comment on that situation.

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie