Re: pg_dump on Linux with pg_restore on Windows? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Wall
Subject Re: pg_dump on Linux with pg_restore on Windows?
Date
List pgsql-general
> I know this used to be a problem, but I don't have a Windows server to
> test it on again.
>
> Can I do a pg_dump on Linux and then pg_restore it on Windows?  We're
> using PG 8.3 now, but could certainly upgrade if that made the
> difference.

Okay, maybe I answered my own question, though if anybody has experience
one way or another, I'd love to hear it.  It looks like the pg_dump
option -Fp (or perhaps just no -F option at all) on Linux would write
the backup in script format, so it may allow it to be processed by psql
on the Windows.

If anybody has done this, let me know since I'd hate to have someone
order a new server only to find out we can't get it to work.

Thanks again,
David