Re: [postgis-users] pgsql2shp : Encoding headache - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Arnaud Lesauvage
Subject Re: [postgis-users] pgsql2shp : Encoding headache
Date
List pgsql-general
InterRob a écrit :
 >> Arnaud Lesauvage a écrit :
 >> Also, doing a search like :
 >> SELECT * FROM mytable WHERE upper(myflied) ILIKE u&'%c29f%';
 >> Gives me 0 result.
 >> Am I wrong to think that the error 'character 0xc29f of UTF8' relates
 >> to the character with code point C29F in UTF8 ?
 >
> I would do this last query searching for the 0xC29F character WITHOUT the
> upper() function on the source table, in the native (to table) UTF8 client
> encoding. No result either?

No, no result either.
What puzzles me is that this field contains names of French streets, and
I can't see what character could be in such a field that has no
equivalent in win1252 !

--
Arnaud Lesauvage
IT Executive

Codata Belgium SA
143-145, Avenue bourgmestre Jean Materne - 5100 Namur - Belgium
Tel : +32 81 21 53 48 - Fax : +32 81 21 54 24
Mel : arnaud.lesauvage@codata.eu
Web : http://www.codata.eu/